Sunday 4 January 2015

How happy am I? It's a question I've been asking myself a lot. But what I've realised is that I would be doing myself a huge disservice if I answered that now. My happiness, you see, is so clearly based on what's around me, my environment. Or so it seems.

I have been off work for the guts of two weeks for Christmas and my 'happiness' level has been higher than ever. I have been spending time with my wonderful little family without the stresses and anxiety of my job and I've been 'happy'. But I'm back in work tomorrow and already my 'happiness' is beginning to fade.  So was I truly happy in the first place?

Happiness should really come from within. Clichรฉ I know but if I was truly happy surely I wouldn't let my job or my finances or other external factors so drastically affect my mood? So how can I LET myself be happy? (and I do believe it's only ourselves that determine our level of happiness). Well, I'm working on it. Like, REALLY working on it. I'm at pains to say New Year's resolution but this is one of mine - to find out how to be happy and, more importantly, how I can LET myself be happy.

2015 is going to be a very good year for me. It's the year of my happiness.  Real life happiness -๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜

No comments:

Post a Comment